The January 7th Jesus Calling Devotion ties in perfectly with what we just accomplished. I love how God provides encouragement right after we reached our 10,000th reason. Here's a quote from Sarah Young: It is impossible to praise or thank Me too much (p. 8). So let's keep thanking God every day and generate another 10,000 reasons... although I'm not keeping count this time...
Tonight, I am thankful for...
1. A low stress morning on the first day back to school
2. Schedule free so I could spend time in prayer
3. Singing 10,000 Reasons this morning and then hearing it again when I turned on the car radio
4. The power of praying scripture
5. That the Holy Spirit prays for us when we don't know what to pray
6. Joshua 1:9
7. The notes app on my iPhone so I can keep track of things I'm thankful for while I'm out and about
8. Very producting tea planning lunch with a dear friend... with plenty of time to talk about non-tea related stuff too!
9. Getting some Christmas decorations down
10. Good news for a dear friend and getting to celebrate all the answered prayers
11. Worship songs on the radio today... 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman, I'm Alive by Peter Furler, and Already There by Casting Crowns
12. Text from my hubby
13. Car conversations with my boys
14. Witnessing how much my boys care about their friend
Here's to 10,000 more reasons...
Young, Sarah. (2004). Jesus Calling. (page 8) Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson.