It was a laid back day today at the Snider house. Beside picking up a friend for a morning play date, we were home all day. You know, a day where you wear sweats, do some laundry, and relax. The house was filled with gleeful screams as three boys chased each other around the house. We played games, watched an afternoon movie, had dinner. My hubby got home from his business trip in time to play cards with the boys. And, we hit another milestone today... over 7,000 reasons for giving thanks! It was a good day.
However, I found myself facing the temptation to not be satisfied today. I'm a social kinda gal and can easily get in a slump when I don't have much social interaction and today was a day like that. I chose to worry about something I couldn't control... when the verse that I'm meditating on is all about not worrying. God was quick to convict me of this as I processed things. Guess it's a good thing that I'm learning Matthew 6:34: So then, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own. (NET). And then I got bummed because we don't have cable so I couldn't watch something on TV tonight because... it was only on cable. A silly thing... I'm thankful we don't have cable most of the time... but Satan wanted me to focus on stinkin' thinkin' today. Thankfully, the Holy Spirit helped me catch these things before my mind spiraled too far out of control. I'm so glad the Holy Spirit lives inside of me!!
It was a good day with temptations to lead me to think it was NOT a good day. I didn't win every battle, but the Holy Spirit helped me navigate through. I love how God never leaves us. I love that God always forgive us. And I love that God always loves and reaches out to us. I am blessed. And I am thankful for today... with all its ups and downs.
Tonight, I am thankful for...
2. Relaxing day
3. My son and his friend including my three year old as they played chase around the house... this doesn't always happen
4. Playing lots of games today
5. Whites washed, dried and put away
6. Food in the house so when I had nothing planned for dinner, I could make breakfast for dinner... and it was a hit with the boys too
7. Getting to snooze for a minute during the movie this afternoon
8. God's gentle conviction about not worrying
9. The One Year Bible
10. God answering one of my prayers today
11. Genesis 2:2-3
12. God speaking through His word
13. Getting to talk to my mom this morning
14. Knowing my parents are safe
15. Friendships that mean so much to me
16. Hubby having safe travels out of town and back again
17. Laughing with my hubby
18. My hubby being in tune with me
19. My sons who bring me such joy
20. Hot apple cider
21. Typing a 2 as the first digit in how many reasons to go!!
Here's to 10,000 reasons... Only 2,838 to go...