What is your job? I am a wife, a stay-at-home mom, and the Women's Ministry leader at my church. My tasks include managing the home, planning and making meals, doing laundry, taking care of my sons, planning events... and lots of other things. I have to admit that I'm better at some tasks than others. I wonder if any of you can relate?
I ran across an interesting verse in the Bible and I want to share it with you. You'll understand how it relates in a minute...
He appointed some of the Levites to minister before the ark of the LORD, to make
petition, to give thanks, and to praise the LORD,
the God of Israel... 1 Chronicles 16:4 http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=thanks&t=NIV&sf=5
King David gave some of the Levite priests the job of being thankful. How cool is that? Thanksgiving is kinda like a job for me right now. Writing The Thankfulness Experiment for 66 days is helping me make thanksgiving part of my daily routine. And oh, how I want thanksgiving to be a task that I'm good at...
During this experiment, I've learned that even if I have a tough day, I need to choose thanksgiving. It's not always easy to do, that's for sure. But thanksgiving is so beneficial. It helps me "... take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:5). Thanksgiving also reminds me think about things that are true, right, noble, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8). And it inspires me to not take things for granted. We are so blessed... may each of us take on the job of giving thanks and praising the Lord as we go through our day.
Tonight, I am thankful for...
1. The beautiful sunrise this morning and sharing it with my boys
2. Cousins playing so nicely together... and me getting some prayer time in while they played
3. God answering my prayers about finding Rolos... yep, we're making Christmas candy this weekend and I desperately did not want to make another grocery stop!
5. Cold medicine that helps
6. Lunch at Qdoba
7. Homemade soup for dinner
8. Getting presents made
9. Wrapped presents ready for delivery
10. My son's excitement about giving me a present he made for me at school
11. Phones that allow me to chat with others when I can't see them face to face
12. The power of talking through situations with others
13. Being in awe of God's love and goodness this morning
14. God providing just what I need
Here's to 10,000 reasons... Only 4,605 to go...