Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 49

What is your job?  I am a wife, a stay-at-home mom, and the Women's Ministry leader at my church.  My tasks include managing the home, planning and making meals, doing laundry, taking care of my sons, planning events... and lots of other things.  I have to admit that I'm better at some tasks than others.  I wonder if any of you can relate? 

I ran across an interesting verse in the Bible and I want to share it with you.  You'll understand how it relates in a minute...

He appointed some of the Levites to minister before the ark of the LORD, to make petition, to give thanks, and to praise the LORD, the God of Israel... 1 Chronicles 16:4  http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=thanks&t=NIV&sf=5

King David gave some of the Levite priests the job of being thankful.  How cool is that?  Thanksgiving is kinda like a job for me right now.  Writing The Thankfulness Experiment for 66 days is helping me make thanksgiving part of my daily routine.  And oh, how I want thanksgiving to be a task that I'm good at...

During this experiment, I've learned that even if I have a tough day, I need to choose thanksgiving.  It's not always easy to do, that's for sure.  But thanksgiving is so beneficial.  It helps me "... take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:5).  Thanksgiving also reminds me think about things that are true, right, noble, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8).  And it inspires me to not take things for granted.  We are so blessed... may each of us take on the job of giving thanks and praising the Lord as we go through our day. 

Tonight, I am thankful for...

1.  The beautiful sunrise this morning and sharing it with my boys
2.  Cousins playing so nicely together... and me getting some prayer time in while they played
3.  God answering my prayers about finding Rolos... yep, we're making Christmas candy this weekend and I desperately did not want to make another grocery stop!
4.  Cold-eze
5.  Cold medicine that helps
6.  Lunch at Qdoba
7.  Homemade soup for dinner
8.  Getting presents made
9.  Wrapped presents ready for delivery
10.  My son's excitement about giving me a present he made for me at school
11.  Phones that allow me to chat with others when I can't see them face to face
12.  The power of talking through situations with others
13.  Being in awe of God's love and goodness this morning
14.  God providing just what I need
15.  Love

Here's to 10,000 reasons... Only 4,605 to go...

10 comments:

  1. 1. Sweet little girl told me she loved me.
    2. Friend who lost her job has new job interview
    3. Beautiful poem I read
    4. Friend took me out for dinner
    5. Joseph's Lulluby song makes me warm and fuzzy:-)
    6. Friend worked hard at school and today received her straight A's
    7. Taught a little girl how to do math
    8. Little girl smiled at her accomplishment
    9. Unexpected date with a super nice guy (did not see THAT coming...lol)
    10. God's amazing grace and ability to continually remind me of who's in charge of my life!

    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for
    1. A loving savior
    2. A productive day
    3. Megan feeling better
    4. Time with Alicia
    5. A great church
    6. God who provides so many blessings
    7. Good friends
    8. answered prayer
    9. opportunities to preach about how amazing of a God we serve
    10.gettting a good run in

    RIchard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for
    1.My daily devotations.
    2.Heather watching Atley so I could get my hair done.
    3.The kids being good for Heather,
    4. Going out to lunch with Heather and the kids.
    5.The kids being good at lunch.
    6.Atley being excited about A daddy date.
    7.Leftover potato soup.
    8.Going to a ballgame with my husband.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for...
    1. Sleeping in with 2 kiddos
    2. Pajama day at the Lopez house
    3. Lots of books to read
    4. The matching game
    5. Quiet time with God while 2 kiddos slept
    6. A encouraging phone call that helped point me back to God
    7. Being able to encourage others
    8. The blessing of praying for others
    9. Food to eat
    10. Feeling productive at the end of the day
    11. My husband working to support our family so I can stay home with 2 amazing kiddos
    12. My husband working from home 90% of the time
    13. My husband getting to do something fun
    14. My husband who prays for me
    15. Getting to talk to my mom daily

    ReplyDelete
  5. AmandaL .
    I'm thankful for waking up today.
    I'm thankful for going to the doctors and getting new medicine.
    I'm thankful for my medicine working right.
    I'm thankful for getting a gift for Steve.
    I'm thankful for a meeting tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for:

    1. An amazingly wonderful day full of love, encouragement and support !
    2. Walkie-talkies with friends
    3. A super healthy and delicious lunch
    4. Massage certificate from my hubby :-)
    5. Birthday pancakes and bacon for dinner .
    6. Enjoying the birthday carb fest by a roaring fire at Cracker Barrel
    7. Rain boots
    8. Baggy sweaters
    9.Eden's friendships
    10.Christmas break !!!!!!

    Bonnie Lawrence

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Cat put her paw sweetly on my arm and looked at me:-)
    2. Strength to go the extra mile(literally)
    3. Bible versus posted around church to serve as reminders
    4. Indoor running track
    5. Safety of my home in the high winds
    6. 2nd date with super nice guy:-)
    7. Newphew got engaged
    8. Worked the next step with my AA sponsor
    9. Warm winter coat
    10.Beautiful music
    11.Ability to hear God
    12.Happiness of my children
    13.Strength to resist temptations
    14.Money stretched til payday
    15.Gods continual protection

    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  8. AmandaL .
    I'm thankful for smiles on the faces of my children.
    I'm thankful for Christmas music playing at the mall.
    I'm thankful for all of the good sales today.
    I'm thankful for getting my wedding ring fixed.
    I'm thankful for metrys .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thankful ....
    1) for some time with my daughter shopping (son was taking finals)
    2) to find some good gifts for family and friends
    3) for the resources to buy gifts for others
    4) for the transportation to get around
    5) for His provisions

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am thankful for:
    1. a beautiful hike in the foothills of Los Altos
    2. laughter
    3. helping someone make plans
    4. my son's safe arrival without any flight cancellations due to weather
    5. seeing my son in his cycling uniform - he looks like a cyclist!
    6. hearing stories about certain characters
    7. zebra striped popcorn
    8.pumpkin flavored popcorn
    9. being driven around everywhere I needed to go

    ReplyDelete