Today I'm feeling particularly thankful and blessed. To be honest, yesterday was a rough day for me and God reminded me that I'm called to TRUST and BE THANKFUL, even when I'm having a hard time. And He used a dear friend to show this to me as she daily trusts God and gives thanks in her circumstances. It's amazing how when you do choose to pray and trust God, peace follows just like Philippians 4:6-7 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Did you notice that these verses tell us when we are anxious, we should pray about it with thanksgiving? There is something to this thankfulness stuff... I'm learning more and more about the power of thanksgiving through this experiment. I hope you are too.
So today, I'm sharing not 5, but 10 reasons that I'm thankful. And some of you may think I'm crazy for a few of these, but that's OK. :) Here's my list for today...
1. Having a play date with my friend and getting a FaceBook 101 lesson while she was here. I'm so grateful because now the whole world can't see my posts!
2. Honeycrisp apples
3. Having a family lunch with my hubby and boys on a Tuesday
4. Speed cleaning the downstairs... it's amazing what I can get done quickly when I'm under pressure!
5. Playing SpotIt with my son while drinking warm drinks
6. Having family dinner at my parent's house - a night off from cooking is always a treat!
7. Buying two new Christmas CDs - one was only $5 - and jamming to it in the car with my two boys
8. Reading 17 Christmases to my boys tonight - and my 3 year old even sat on my lap!
9. For hearing Come On, Christmas for the first time by Matthew West - and loving it. Here's a link if any of you are ready to hear some Christmas music on November 6th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5jjzNl0HWo
10. For new people joining the experiment and the commitment of those of you who are already part of it
Here's to 10,000 reasons... only 9,300 to go...